Chip Jasmin is ‘Booked’ at the Bitterroot Public Library
Local singer, songwriter and entertainer Chip Jasmin will be presenting his “Natural Rhythms” program at the Bitterroot Public Library in January.
Chip has been a valley favorite in acoustic music performances for years, and also has been involved in a number of state-funded Music in the Classrooms programs throughout the state.
His “Natural Rhythms” programs involve everything from folk dancing to hand drumming and the creation of “sound collages.” The programs are specifically designed for different age groups – from very young to adult.
In a news release from the library, Sally Blevins, the Youth Services Librarian, encouraged families to attend the special January events, starting next week, January 7. She wrote that Chip has a “magical way of bringing geography to life and we sing and move, learning all the while.”
All of Chip Jasmin’s presentations will be in the west meeting room, downstairs in the Bitterroot Public Library. They are free and open to the public.
After School Programs
- January 7, 8, 9 – 3:30-5:30 p.m. Parents invited. Pre-register at the library information desk.
- Family Nights – January 8 and January 31 from 6:30-8 p.m.
- An Evening with Chip Jasmin-Concert for Teens & Adults-Jan 24-7 p.m.
- Evening For Families with Special Needs Children-January 11-6 p.m.
Home school Programs
- Jan 7 – 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Jan 16 – 12 noon to 2 p.m.
- Preschool – Jan 9 and 16 – 10:30 a.m.
- Toddler – Jan 11 and 18 – 10:30 a.m.
Chip will also perform at Discovery Care Center January 10 at 10 a.m.
The programs are supported by grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Montana Arts Council and the State of Montana.