Hamilton Celebrates Daly Days This Weekend
The planning is done, now let the fun begin!
Daly Days Friday and Saturday brings together a number of organizations and businesses to celebrate Hamilton's creation in the 1800s by Marcus Daly.
Friday, the sidewalk sales start, the "Buy Local" Auction will be at 6pm and the band "Cold Hard Cash" will perform for the street dance, starting at 8:30. There's a $5 admission to the dance on the 3rd block of Main Street and adult beverages will be for sale inside the ropes.
- The Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast starts things off at 7 a.m.
- The Valley Veterans Service Center 5k and 10 Fun Run will be at 9 a.m. at the Canyons Athletic Club, registration at 8.
- Farmers Market on Bedford starts at 9 a.m.
- Kids games on the third block of Main all day.
- Lions Club Bingo all day.
- Dutch Oven cookoff and tasting.
- Ravalli County Museum displays.
- Art in the Park at Legion Park is all day.
- Sidewalk sales and general sales in the stores all day.
- The "Street Cars of Desire" with the Bitterrodders Car Club will start with registration at 8 a.m. on the first block of Main Street.
- The Historic Treasure Hunt will be happening downtown, with information at the KLYQ Tent at 3rd and Main.
- Music and Zumba performances will be at the Bitterroot Drug stage from 10am - 3pm.
- The stage will also be the location for the Bitterroot Soroptimists Weiner Dog Races at 12 noon.
- The Soroptimists Hog-Calling Contest will be at 1 p.m.
- The Soroptimists "Kiss the Pig" event will be at 2 p.m.
- The Bitterroot BrewFest starts at 3 p.m.
- Daly Mansion has a day full of activities with Cowpie Bingo, historic recreators, ragtime jazz band, antique cars and "Tired Iron" farm equipment.
This is also the weekend of the Hardtimes Bluegrass Festival south of Hamilton, with over 10 bands and music starting at 6 p.m. Friday, Noon on Saturday and 10 a.m. on Sunday.
At the Ravalli County Fairgrounds, the Bitterroot Valley Sportsmans Expo will be open from 4 to 9 on Friday and 10 to 6 on Saturday. Music with Shane Clouse Friday starting at 6 p.m. Saturday will feature fly-casting demos, horsepacking demos and elk calling seminars. There's also a beer garden and an outdoor BBQ.