Jimmy Kimmel Lights Up the White House Correspondents’ Dinner
There were a lot of stars that showed up to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner this weekend, but it was Jimmy Kimmel‘s speech (or should we say “roast”?) that truly made the event worth watching.
The late-night host brought President Obama and the press into roars of laughter, touching on the 2012 campaign, the Secret Service’s recent prostitution scandal, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s weight, and Sofia Vergara‘s cleavage. You know? The usual stuff.
Watch Jimmy Kimmel’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner Speech
If that weren’t enough, he led ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ with a White House Correspondents’ Dinner special edition of his hilarious “Unnecessary censorship,” and never let up or issued a free pass to anyone.
Watch Jimmy Kimmel’s Latest “Unnecessary Censorship”
In case you’re not feeling up to watching Jimmy Kimmel’s entire 24-minute-long speech, here’s a rundown of his 10 best jokes of the night:
1. “[President Obama,] I know you won’t be able to laugh at my jokes about the Secret Service. Please cover your ears, if that’s physically possible.”
2. “If you told me when I was a kid I would be standing on a dais with President Barack Obama, I would have said, ‘The president’s name is Barack Obama?’”
3. “Remember when the country rallied around you in hope for a better tomorrow? That was a good one.”
4. “There’s a term for President Obama. Probably not two terms.”
5. “It’s great to see the Gingriches here, because that means the check cleared.”
6. On the country’s obesity epidemic: “We used to march. Now we Occupy.”
7. “Ron Paul looks like the guy who gets unhooded at the end of every Scooby Doo episode.”
8. “I’d like everyone to look under their seats. Under each you’ll find a copy of Keith Olbermann’s resume.”
9. “Everything that is wrong with America is here in this room.”
10. “If you’re looking for the biggest threat to America, it’s right there — Kim Kardashian.”