Evacuation Ordered Along the Salmon River
From the Salmon-Challis National Forest in Idaho, here's the evacuation information, as of Friday morning, August 24.
Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman issued evacuation orders for Spring Creek and Indian Creek residents the evening of August 23, 2012. Salmon Search and Rescue assisted with notifications of residents.
· Pre-evacuation notices have been issued for all residents from Indian Creek to and including the Highway 93 corridor from Gibbonsville, Idaho to North Fork, Idaho.
· The Mustang Complex continues to spread east and north. As of this morning the fire is estimated to be approximately 130,000 acres in size.
· Structure protection, in the form of sprinkler systems, continues for Forest Service administrative sites and private lands in the path of the fire.
· As of the morning of August 24, 2012 no private structures have been lost. The only confirmed loss of a structure was the Beartrap Lookout which was destroyed on August 18, 2012.
· An evacuation center has been set up in Salmon for who may be displaced by the Mustang Complex. The evacuation center is at the Salmon Valley Baptist Church on Cemetery Lane in Salmon. They can be reached at 756-3324.
· The Lemhi County Humane Society will shelter pets of displaced individuals. Contact them at 208-756-4100 if you need assistance.
· Whitewater Therapeutic Riding Center will shelter horses of displaced individuals. Contact Joyce Scott at 208-634-7260 or 208-469-0617 or Jeff Cooper at 208-993-1298 if you need assistance.