With Halloween less than a week away, I feel like now would be a good reminder to everyone of the candies that can do serious damage to our pets if they consume them. I found this great information from Petsbest.com, and had to pass it along to you. Here is the list of 5 Halloween Candies that should never be left out around your pets:
Candy Corn & Other High Sugar Candy
The sugar can cause horrible gas and even diarrhea when consumed by dogs and cats.
Chocolate Covered Anything!
Chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures. Chocolate covered raisins are the worst, as raisins can cause kidney failure.
Candy with Wrappers
Most animals don't remove the wrapper before eating candy, and those wrappers can easily cause a problem within intestines.
Bite Sized Hard Candy
Hard candy when mixed with saliva makes the treats slippery and often get inhaled by animals not eaten.
Sugar Free Gum
Most gums include Xylitol, which causes seizures, and often times liver failure.