Missoula Cultural Council Changing Its Name
The same organization that brings us so many fun Missoula activities will be making a major change by changing their name. As of September 1, 2016 the organization will be known at Arts Missoula. The name change was approved by the organization's Board of Directors. The executive director Tom Benson said, "Our new name more accurately reflects who we are and what we do."
Arts Missoula has been the designated arts agency for the city of Missoula since 1991. Their mission is to connect arts, culture, and community through education and advocacy.
Here are the programs that Arts Missoula will be coordinating:
- SPARK!, Arts Ignite Learning
- First Night Missoula
- City of Missoula Public Art Committee
- First Friday Gallery Nights
- Sister City Programs with Neckargemuend, Germany and Palmerston North, New Zealand, including Germanfest and New Zealand Day
- Arts and Economic Prosperity, an economic impact led report by Americans for the Arts
- Montana Book Festival
- Directory of artists, organizations, venues, and other resources at artsmissoula.com
- Community Events Calendar
Arts Missoula was assisted in the name change thanks to Carter Andrues and Steve Robertson of Talent West and Full Moon Concepts. If you have any questions about the change you are welcome to call Tom Benson at 541-0860.